# The Art of Thumb – hitchhiking signs competition
Hitchhiking signs are not our strongest point. Spare a few unrelated occasions, we prefer to stand around with thumbs up and go where the traffic takes us (most of the times if that coincides with the direction of our intended destination). But we love cardboard and pens anyway and would like to praise the roadside creativity of hitchhikers.The idea started with a photo in hitchgathering’s group, where a hitchhiker’s sign reads “Will wash your car“. His proactive approach made us smile and we thought of making a call for your best signs, the ones that took your further, or those that did not work at all. We want to see and share the best of hitchhiking. So here goes the game:
2. We share it in facebook with links to your profile
3. We let people vote and like
4. By 31.10 we choose the 5 winning photos and post them in our blog and social media. The categories are:
- Beautiful sign
- Creative hitchhiking
- Simplicity rules!
- What everybody loves (public vote via Facebook and Twitter)
- “It’s the taking part that matters ” (Glory to the old Olympic principles. Send us your worst signs too!)
5. “And what do I win?” You win admiration and thumbs up and maybe some followers if you care…But you also win a pay-it-forward gift (!?) A little handmade present from Laos that we will send on your behalf to anybody of your choice. A surprise for that driver that you forgot to write, for a friend you miss, for a random stranger…you choose! We will only need the person’s name and postal address.
Deadline: Friday, 31st of October, 12 a.m. (Lao’s Time)
And remember the hashtag! –> #TheArtOfThumb
**Note: the jury is comprised of the unbiased and professional hitchhikers Boris and Marta. You can try buying them a Lao beer to gain points, but it probably won’t help. They are incorruptible! 🙂